Business Case Development
Understanding the fundamental building blocks of business analysis is essential to building a strong, objective business case. The business case is your framework, and the first step in the decision making process, to articulate the need for a business initiative or project. When building your business case, we work closely with your project team to develop a deep understanding of organizational needs, uncover the current state of your business, paint the picture of the desired future state, develop a cost/benefit analysis, budget, projected ROI, and realistic recommendations – all to create a winning business case for your project.
The Goals of a Business Case are to:
- Measure the efficiency of your current state
- Document the needs of your stakeholders or your “business requirements”
- Measure the gap between your current state and the needs of your stakeholders
- Evaluate “cost” vs. “benefits”
- Position your request for funding
Ultimately, a strong business case creates a compelling picture grounded in objective analysis, supported by stakeholders, and persuasively positioned. Let HRL help you to paint that picture.
We also offer a Building Your Business Case workshop to teach you and your team how to do this on your own!