Bayer – HR Transformation / Project Management
Bayer Partners With HR Logistics for Value
“The HRL team brings a keen sense of the political and organizational landscape of an organization and can work autonomously when appropriate while escalating issues diplomatically if needed. Their skills working within and facilitating the success of the project team and integrity in committing to the client’s parameters and budget make HRL an excellent resource when external expertise is needed.”
Robert W. Lupp
Head HR Shared Services
Bayer Corporate and Business Services
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. The company’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time Bayer creates value through innovation, growth and high earning power. In fiscal 2010, Bayer employed 111,400 people and had sales of €35.1 billion.
Bayer AG defines common values, goals and strategies for the entire Group. The three subgroups and three service companies operate independently, led by the management holding company. The Corporate Center supports the Group Management Board in its task of strategic leadership.
Through various business unit relationships, Bayer has been a long standing supporter of HR Logistics – from its initial inception to its growth as the founder of Human Risk Management. The evidence is in the multiple projects Bayer has awarded HR Logistics and the testimonials of Bayer executives. HRL is pleased to offer this client profile which describes some of our work together.
- Communications for Human Resources Transformation Project consolidating Human Resources functions into shared services hubs and Centers of Excellence, leveraging implementation of SAP, implementing Manager Self Service, and upgrading Employee Self Service.
- Project Management for the data analysis and preparation of compensation data for submission to various market surveys including resolution of errors, documentation of procedures, meetings with HR Business Partners, and benchmarking of additional positions.
- Software Consultant for the documentation and testing of an internally developed compensation market database and development of User’s Guide for deployment to Human Resources Business Partners in U.S.
- Project Management for the analysis and documentation of historical retirement data to create historical map and library for reference.
- Project Management for the financial analysis of prior years’ FASB106/retiree expenses and FASB87/pension expenses and documentation of cost accounting processes.
- Project Management for the transition of retirement plan administration to corporate hub/shared services model with outsourced data management to Hewitt Associates.
- Consultant for financial analysis of benefits expenses for budgeting and development of cost accounting methodology for manufacturing plants.